The Intake Coordinator contacts potential clients, educates them about the types of attachment and relationally based therapies we offer, and then helps them find a therapist for themselves or their children or families. Providing an initial calming voice and warm conversation to begin a process of support and healing from the first email or phone call to scheduling and confirming their first appointment.
There is no formal clinical work involved (no assessment measures or intake reports), although you will be using your knowledge and experience as a therapist to find the best potential therapist match, providing some basic psychoeducation when helpful, and to provide co-regulation to those calling in distress. Clinical supervision will be provided on a weekly basis for this role.
The Intake Coordinator will:
- Conduct, by phone or video, brief (15 – 20 minute) consultations to learn about the potential clients preferences and needs for therapy
- Provide an affirming, welcoming space for clients of all races, genders, sexual orientations, medical and psychiatric diagnoses.
- Answer any questions that come up during the consultation about types of therapy offered at the practice, including inquiries about insurance and session fees.
- Find therapist matches from within our clinical team and if not appropriate for our practice, provide high quality referrals to other clinicians from our referral database.
- Schedule the clients’ first appointment or consultation in collaboration with the clinician and send out our intake materials and then confirm their completion upon receipt.
- Engage in anti-racist and social justice workshops, sponsored by the group practice, consultation and conversations and support the integration of these learnings and experiences into the intake coordinator position.
- The goal of the position is to convert 50%+ of client inquiries into completed intakes at the practice each month.
While the position does not involve therapy, we prefer to hire master’s level therapists and/ or those who are licensed therapists due the sensitive clinical nature of the communications between the Intake Coordinator and potential clients. Candidate should be highly outgoing and friendly, and will be comfortable making many phone and Zoom calls throughout the day.
- Ideally, the candidate has a master’s degree in psychology or counseling.
- Additionally, the candidate should ideally be in the process of obtaining a license or is already independently licensed for one of the following: LCSW, LMSW, LPC, LMHC or LMFT in New York State.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, degree and licensure. Starting salary is $26/hour
ABOUT THE PRACTICE:
Rennicke & Associates is a vibrant psychotherapy group practice with 8 clinical staff members located in the Tribeca neighborhood of Manhattan in New York City (currently conducting the majority of our sessions virtually). Our mission is to authentically and meaningfully connect with people to undo prior experiences of aloneness and isolation in order to heal the pain and distress in their lives. A foundational element of our striving to connect is our current initiative to to enhance and expand our consciousness about how our own racial, ethnic, gender identities, and sexual orientations show up in our therapy rooms and in the world. We are stepping into the idea that in order for us to see our clients and connect deeply, we must also see ourselves clearly and the ways that systems of oppression impact all of us.
We are looking for new voices to help us deepen this process of growth and change and for an intake coordinator who is seeking a group practice environment that focuses on an attachment-focused and relational approach to treatment with children, teens, families and adults. We are looking for someone who is exceptionally well organized, driven, and interpersonally effervescent to be the point person between clients seeking services and our clinical team. Our mission is to continue to establish ourselves as a center for excellence and thought leadership for psychotherapy in New York City and beyond. We are looking for a special person who wants to be an active leader in taking our group to the next level.
- Paid time off
- Enrollment in 401K retirement plan after 1 year of completed employment
- Clinical supervision towards licensure requirements
- Daily, Monday-Friday, 2-4 hours a day
- Available flexibly during hours of office operation 10am-6pm
- Available for Team Meetings on Tuesdays 11:30am-1pm
- Weekly clinical supervision from staff, participation in administrative meeting
- Master’s in Clinical Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or Mental Health Counseling (Required)