Brand Ambassador Intern
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a nonprofit organization committed to fighting food insecurity and preventing food waste. We have cultivated a network of dedicated food rescuers who bring food directly from our donors to human service agencies, letting neighbors help neighbors while reaping the environmental and economic benefits of reduced food waste. Founded in 2013, our simple, but the elegant model has saved over 6 million pounds of food with an average of over 200% growth year over year.
COVID-19 has had a devastating effect on billions of people across the world and food insecurity within the United States is at an all-time high. Feeding America estimates that food insecurity within the US has increased by 7 million people since 2019, making for a painful total of 42 million people who struggle with food insecurity. Our branches across the country are continuing to rescue excess food and deliver it to our partner agencies to help meet this increased need. Despite the limitations and disastrous impact of COVID-19, RLC has been working harder than ever to overcome new challenges and ensure our community remains strong and diligent in the fight against food waste and food insecurity.
- We’re passionate about food rescue and its potential to eliminate hunger
- We work hard, but we have fun doing it: monthly team-building activities, cooking competitions, and more!
- We aim high: we’ve grown every year, in terms of both new partners and pounds of food rescued, and we’re projected to continue that growth trend each year moving forward
Based in New York City and reporting to the Operations Director, the Brand Ambassador Intern is charged with endorsing the RLC brand in a variety of ways. They will become familiar with RLC operations and processes as well as assist with activities related to marketing. The Brand Ambassador Intern’s essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing volunteer needs and identifying pain points in onboarding and training
- Assisting field outreach and leading food rescues
- Assisting Marketing in content creation and generating brand awareness
- Identifying prospective lead rescuers from the volunteer pool
- Passion for mission-based work and interest in relevant business function; prior relevant coursework preferred
- Willingness to take initiative and collaborate with a team or manager
- Ability to work independently and persevere through ambiguity
- Eagerness to provide and receive feedback with an eye towards growth and development
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Comfort representing RLC and engaging professionally with stakeholders
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment and manage an evolving workload
- Familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g., Google Workspace) preferred
- Commitment to RLC’s core values of integrity, honesty, fairness, openness, respect, and responsibility
This is a part-time, hybrid unpaid internship. However, you will receive a monthly $127 stipend to help cover your travel costs. Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, the start date is June 2022 with an end date in August 2022.
To express your interest, send an email to HR Manager email@example.com and attach a copy of your resume along with a cover letter.