Restless Books, a non-profit international book publisher, is seeking a qualified intern to work within and contribute to our Development department.
Reporting to the Development Director and CFO, the Development Intern will support Restless Books’ fundraising initiatives through a variety of critical responsibilities, including — but not limited to —preparing acknowledgment letters and other correspondence, maintaining donor records, contributing to research projects, and event planning. The Development Intern will play a key role in the 2021 End-of-Year Campaign by assisting with campaign outreach, maintaining the website, tracking donor interactions, and assisting in supporting the stewardship of the institution’s most generous donors and members of the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in general donor stewardship
- Help maintain and update donor database and donation page
- Assist in organizing day-to-day communications with donors
- Assist in drafting fundraising/campaign emails
- Assist in event planning and coordination
- Research projects, prospects, and initiatives
- Draft profiles of prospective donors
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working with databases a plus, Salesforce preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work both independently and meaningfully engage as a member of a team
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive issues and information
- An understanding of Restless Books’ programs and interest in its mission
Commitment and Compensation:
July – December 2021, 3 days/week. A stipend and school credit are available. The internship will begin remotely and may involve in-office hours later this fall. Restless’s office hours are 10 AM – 6 PM (EST).
Please send a cover letter expressing your interest, a brief writing sample, and a resume to Leah Bezbatchenko at email@example.com.