Restore Native Plants Team Member
Seasonal Summer 2021
Position: Volunteer or Internship
Restore Native Plants was founded by an environmentalist and entrepreneur who has built a team of dedicated individuals developing ways to re-establish the ecosystem with native plant species and preserve Ramapo Mountain State Forest’s landscapes.
We are looking for two individuals looking to volunteer or have a school internship requirement
fulfilled within our organization.
● Enthusiasm and creative thinking are a must. In addition, maintaining a professional
demeanor at all times.
● Our candidate shares feelings of ambition and drives for the mission of Restore Native
● One Person for working in the greenhouse/shade house with seeds performing tasks such as
seed sowing, watering, stepping up plants, and general maintenance.
● One Person for fieldwork such as planting, invasive species removal, and general landscape.
With the ability to physically lift heavy loads, use leaf blowers, work with mowers, control
weed trimmers, and experience with the fieldwork of invasive species removal. Sawing is also
a preferred skill set but not required.
Our progressive non-profit continues to build and provide an inclusive environment that encourages, supports and celebrates our team members’ diverse voices. We are like-minded individuals who appreciate a discrimination-free environment, benefit from equitable access to opportunities, and contribute to a positive, healthy work atmosphere.
Flexible Schedule and Details:
● Two days a week, approximately five eight hours per day.
● In need of two individuals for volunteering or unpaid internships.
● The internship must be specific to a personal or educational school program. Restore Native
Plants can then design hours around the program.
Our team is 100% vaccinated against the COVID virus. We provide PPE & gloves (Advanced
Nanofiber Technology Masks), only masks that filter antigens as small as .1 microns to trap and
prevent the smallest virus particles from infecting others. Your health will be protected at the highest