Join a non-profit and have an internship you admire with an organization that creates a substantial positive impact on how you feel. Restore Native Plants is a team of dedicated individuals developing ways to re-establish the ecosystem with native plant species and preserve the landscapes and historic structures of Ramapo Mountain Preserve.
Our team uses an interdisciplinary approach to solve these environmental problems plaguing our region, and ultimately, the planet. Much of our time is utilized removing non-native or invasive plant species and replacing them with indigenous species with high wildlife value.
Internship focuses: GreenHouse Maintenance, Park Cleanup, and Invasive Species Removal.
- Learn and engage in the daily maintenance of nursery operations and plant life (watering plants, soil creation, plotting plants, seed identification, etc.).
- Learn how to identify and remove invasive plant species from our sanctuaries, assist with the planting of native plants in our sanctuaries, and the pruning of flowering shrubs.
- Participating in park cleanup events, by removing litter and trash from our park.
We place a high value on the education of others, and often engage in park cleanup projects, consulting engagements, advocacy efforts, and speaking engagements. Combining these tools with the ambitions of other like-minded people, Restore Native Plants has made a considerable difference in the short time since its inception of 2013.
Our internships can be:
- Custom-designed to meet the individual interests of students
- Meet the needs of Environmental projects and assignments for school.
- Internship hours can be designated for one day or 20+ hours in one week.
- Internship hours can also be designed seasonally: 50, 100, or up to 300 hours.
If you are interested in learning more about the internships, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and a Cover Letter explaining your interest.
- How many hours you would like to obtain and your availability to intern.
- Explaining if your internship is based on a school requirement or for personal interest/gain.