Title: Invasive Species Removal Team Member
Status: Seasonal Spring-Fall of 2020, https://restorenativeplants.org/
Restore Native Plants was founded by an environmentalist and entrepreneur who has built a team of dedicated individuals developing ways to re-establish the ecosystem with native plant species and preserve the landscapes of Ramapo Mountain Preserve. Having a job you admire and an organization you appreciate creates a huge impact on how you feel and act.
Our ideal candidate must be self-motivated, knowledgeable about indigenous species, and has a passion to work on Ecological Development. We are seeking an individual who is highly innovative, communicates with clarity, and maintains high levels of the organization.
- Enthusiasm and creative thinking is a must. Maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
- As a team member, establish team morale by understanding expectations, goals, and working standards.
- Our candidate shares feelings of ambition and drives for the mission for Restore Native Plants.
- Maintain grounds regularly, informing management of any structural or environmental issues.
- Identify and remove invasive plant species from our sanctuaries, assist with planting native plants in our sanctuaries, and the pruning of flowering shrubs.
- Support the daily maintenance of nursery operations and plant life (watering plants, soil creation, plotting plants, seed identification, etc.).
- Participate in park cleanup events, by removing litter and trash from our park.
- Supports team in advocacy efforts and speaking engagements for educational programs.
Position: Paid, part-time
Email Resume too: Careers@NJDPT.com
Provided PPE & gloves (Advanced Nanofiber Technology Masks); only masks that filter antigens as small as .1 microns to trap and prevent the smallest virus particles from infecting others. Your health will be protected at the highest level.