Are you ready to start making a difference in the lives of children and your community RIGHT NOW? Right At School is now hiring immediately for After School Childcare Staff in the Palo Alto California School District and all Right At School locations listed on our website! The hours of availability is M-F 11:30 am- 6 pm
Competitive pay and growth development opportunities!
*************************************************************As required by the state government in California, all employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in our programs. Those with approved medical or religious exemptions may be able to forgo vaccination and provide weekly negative COVID-19 test results **
As Enrichment Staff, you will:
- Partner with the Program Manager to deliver a dynamic Right At School curriculum, lead fun fitness activities, and guide children safely through all activities.
- Engage youth in academic and social enrichment activities that expand & enhance learning in a meaningful way. Some tasks associated with this role can be more physical in nature as you are interacting with children and they keep you on your toes.
- Be asked to kneel, run, to lift up to 25 lbs, and have a lot of fun while doing so.
- Actively partner and communicate effectively with parents in order to provide the best child care for their children.
- Model positive behaviors as you sit with children to help with learning, walk around to manage the classroom, and maintain safety and stay active throughout the day while leading activities.
- Organize program materials for lessons and activities, as well as document attendance, incidents, and other observation.
- Regularly check in with the Program Manager regarding personal and child performance metrics
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma/GED required age 18 or older
- Experience working with children AND/OR college credits in early childhood/elementary/related field
- Outstanding customer service and relationship building skills
- Individuals who work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills with a varied audience including children, parents, staff and school personnel
- Ability to meet state-specific requirements; Fingerprint LIVE SCAN, FA/CPR, Mandated Reporter, Cleared TB
- Respect for and dedication to working with children with special needs
- A love for children!
Benefits of being a Teacher with Right At School:
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community and positively impact families
- Ongoing professional development with pay raise incentives
- Provide meaningful fun and employ Disguised Learning
- Flexible working hours aligned with school schedules
- An online and mobile HR platform where you can access your info with easy-to-use tech 24/7
- Competitive compensation and perks
Here at Right At School, our commitment to equal opportunity runs deep. We really mean that. In order to achieve our goals, we need to work hard to create a diverse workforce so we can reach as many students, parents, and schools as possible. We embrace the uniqueness in everyone and we encourage each individual to be their true selves. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued here. We do not stand for discrimination or harassment of any kind. Come as you are.