We make a difference – in your community and in your career!
The Awake Overnight Counselor works as part of a team to provide direct supports, guidance, education, advocacy and supervision for individuals with developmental disabilities.
The Awake Overnight Counselor helps individuals with complex medical and behavioral health needs to maintain their physical and emotional health, foster relationships with housemates, family and community, live safely in the community and develop the skills necessary to increase the individual’s independence. Interaction between staff and individuals will reflect an appreciation of each individual’s uniqueness.
As a member of the team, the Awake Overnight Counselor supports the human rights of individuals through the development of self-worth, empowering individuals to become the primary decision makers in their lives. They offer a listening and counseling presence for individuals with questions and concerns (programs may have checklists that identify the specific tasks that each staff person is expected to complete).
Staff may be called during non-scheduled times to ask if they are interested in providing additional hours to a home. Staff may also be reassigned to other homes during their scheduled shift for coverage in critical or emergency situations. During evenings and weekends when managers are not available and onsite, staff report to the on-call manager.
Positions similar to Residential Counselor are: Home Health Aide / HHA, Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA, and Personal Care Attendant / PCA .
Schedule: Thurs- Sat 11pm-9am (30 hours)
- Must have current training/certification in First Aid, CPR, Medication Administration (MAP) and HIV/AIDS and Infection Control, or be trained and certified within designated Riverside Must maintain valid certifications throughout employment
- Must attend Safety/De-escalation Training as provided by Riverside. Will be required to attend PAC training, restraint training or other types of training needed to de-escalate clinical situations
- Staff are encouraged to attend trainings; must attend trainings required by the Department of Developmental Services, Riverside, and the Developmental and Cognitive Disabilities division
- High School Diploma required
- At least one year of related experience required
- Ability to communicate in and comprehend the English language, including clearly documenting individual progress and activities in program records required
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to function independently required
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle required
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from culturally diverse applicants. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.