We have an exciting opportunity to join Riverside Community Care as a Relief Patient Reunification Responder!
In this vital role, the Patient Reunification Responder will provide telephonic support to individuals calling into a hotline setup to search for loved ones in the hospital system, in the event of a Mass Casualty Incident, in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Patient Reunification Responder will:
- participate in response to Mass Casualty Incidents, when hotline is set up is by the State
- attend and participate in annual trainings and drills, in the absence of Mass Casualty Events
- work as part of clinical team under the direction of an incident commander
- perform the function of incident commander, as identified for that function by and under the supervision of the Director, Assistant Director or designee
- report on services provided and the results of interventions to the incident commander, both verbally, and, as requested, in writing
- assist individuals and families impacted by trauma to obtain other services and supports as follow-up to the intervention provided
- maintain confidentiality of protected health information and privileged consumer information in conformity with state and federal laws and regulations
- communicate with consumers, colleagues and collateral staff in a respectful manner
- Participation in basic training on disaster response/ critical incident de-briefing management required
- Experience working in a compassionate manner with individuals who have experienced highly stressful events/ situations
- Expertise or cultural humility in working with diverse cultural, racial, gender groups preferred
- Bilingual language capability strongly preferred
- Bachelors Degree required (Human Service or Mental Health related field preferred)
- Masters Degree in Psychology, Social Work or Clinical, Human Services related field preferred (such as MSW, Counseling, Psychology)
- Independent license preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.