We make a difference – in your career and your community.
Behavioral Health Access Line Counselor – Part Time
The Behavioral Health Access Line counselor is a position that is primarily responsible for monitoring and answering calls from individuals seeking behavioral health services and directing them to existing available resources, including Emergency Services and crisis counseling programs, Network of Care and community-based programs.
The Access Line counselor will also help callers navigate to additional resources including Family Resource Centers, Substance Use programs and NAMI Mass Compass as well as Primary Care Physicians for integrated behavioral care treatment, and outpatient behavioral health providers that are convenient and clinically appropriate.
The Behavioral Health Access Line counselor will be expected to provide real-time live peer and recovery support triage and service navigation to individuals seeking behavioral health services.
The Behavioral Health Access Line Counselor will also:
- Provide linkages and referral services to callers and help navigate access routes to services
- Provide psycho-education to individuals on topics such as typical reactions to highly stressful situations, emotional resilience, and helps individuals decide on what services are most appropriate for them
- If deemed appropriate, assist individuals in applying for benefits or services that may help to ameliorate problems and stressors created by behavioral health disability
Our Ideal Candidate:
Riverside Community Care takes pride in its employees for being hardworking, compassionate, and respectful. Our ideal candidate would have these qualities along with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Intermediate computer fluency including Microsoft Office required
- Ability to learn and use technology such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and other social media
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required for limited local travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or other related human services discipline, or extensive experience working in the field in the role of a Peer Specialist required
- Experience working in a behavioral health related call center, or other mental health/human services experience including knowledge of behavioral health resources preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.