Great opportunity to join Riverside Community Care as a Driver for The Family After School Program!
The Driver is responsible for transporting (picking up and dropping off) children via a staff monitored van from school to the program, and from the program home.
The driver will:
- Arrive daily at the program site by 2:00pm, pick up a staff monitor and travel to the Somerville Public Schools to pick up children, then drop them off back at the site
- On half-days, school vacation weeks, and summer vacation (excluding major holidays), the driver will pick children up at their homes in Cambridge and Somerville
- Be available at 5:20 pm to transport children home and return back to the program to drop off the staff monitor
- Collaborate with the Program Director and staff monitors as needed around adjusting routes and time frames
- Keep the van clean and in good repair
- Take van for normal maintenance procedures
- Read and follow procedures as detailed in Riverside’s policy manuals and program policies and procedures
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts
- Attend all required trainings and administrative meetings as relevant to transporting special needs children
- Attend any scheduled supervision meetings as needed, coming to the meetings prepared, and utilize feedback constructively to improve performance as needed
Schedule: 6 hours/week to start while in hybrid model (3 hours on Tuesday and 3 hours on Thursday); 15 hours/week once full week resumes
- Knowledge of age appropriate car seating for children required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record; 7D driver’s license highly preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.