Unique full-time opportunity to join our Mobile Crisis Intervention Staff!
Peer Specialists help to make Emergency Services program welcoming, comfortable, supportive, and responsive to individuals who utilize them and their families.
Using personal/ lived experience as a consumer of services to assist person serviced to navigate the greater system of care. Peer Specialists provide consumers with support, information, and assistance in connecting with and obtaining community-based resources and services.
Primary responsibilities include:
- providing consumers with information about recovery, rehabilitation and crisis self-management
- arranging post-intervention services
- providing support and mentoring while consumers are transitioning to follow-up care
Full time, flexible schedule
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent clinical supervision, competitive salary, and career advancement opportunities!
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Basic computer fluency (including Microsoft Office) required
- Must be a Certified Peer Specialist or obtain certification as a Peer Specialist within 6 months-1 year of hire
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required for local transportation
- Associate’s Degree required bachelor’s preferred
- One year experience working with target population required, through experience as a consumer or as a family member
- Personal knowledge of area clinical providers and support systems preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.