We make a difference – in your community and in your career.
We are seeking a part time Peer Specialist for our new Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) program!
Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
ACCS Integrated Teams provide clinical interventions and peer and family support to facilitate engagement, support functioning and maximize symptom stabilization and self-management of individuals and to assist individuals in developing skills, establishing natural supports and resources to live successfully in the community.
As a member of the ACCS team, the Peer Specialist will work as a member of Persons’ Served Primary Teams to inspire hope that recovery is possible through individual and group conversations, guiding Persons through their own recovery process, and assisting person’s served with learning about and accessing recovery resources and communities.
The Peer Specialist will provide education to Persons engaged in services and Team members, advocacy, and direct service, using their own recovery experience as a positive model.
- Demonstrated ability to participate effectively in a team of staff required
- Must have a valid driver’s license, regular access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to provide transportation to persons served in personal vehicle, as needed
- Must have a lived history of recovery in the context of mental illness
- Related work experience and ability to articulate wellness/recovery values and principles required
- Must have either a college degree or a high school diploma/GED and at least 6 months relevant experience
- Certification as a Peer Specialist (CPS) highly preferred or commit to obtaining CPS within 12 months of hire
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from culturally diverse applicants. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.