We make a difference – in your community and in your career.
Seeking a Peer Specialist (Relief) to join our amazing CCS Team in Norwood!
Peer Specialists help to make respite services welcoming, comfortable, supportive, and responsive to individuals who utilize them within the residential and community program.
Using their personal experience and knowledge of navigating the greater system of care, Peer Specialists provide people served with support, information, and assistance in connecting with and obtaining community-based resources and services and throughout the program Intake and Action Planning process.
The Peer Specialist will also:
- provide consumers with information about recovery, rehabilitation and crisis self-management
- arrange post-intervention services
- provide support and mentoring while consumers are transitioning to follow-up care
- attend all required trainings and administrative meetings either in person or via a platform provided by the program
Relief hours available -day, evening and weekend hours; must work at least one shift per month to maintain relief status and work one weekend shift every quarter or based upon program need (weekend is defined as the hours between Friday 4pm and Monday 8am)
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent supervision, competitive salary, and career advancement opportunities!
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Basic computer fluency (including Microsoft Office)
- Must be a Certified Peer Specialist or obtain certification as a Peer Specialist within 6 months-1 year of hire
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification as a Peer Specialist preferred; must immediately begin and diligently work toward certification process if hired without certification
- Experience as a person in recovery who has, at times, received mental health services
- One year experience working with individual in mental health recovery
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.