Unique relief opportunity to join our Respite/Community Crisis Stabilization team!
Peer Specialists help to make our Respite program welcoming, comfortable, supportive, and responsive to individuals who utilize them and their families.
Using personal experience and knowledge of navigating the greater system of care, Peer Specialists provide consumers with support, information, and assistance in connecting with and obtaining community-based resources and services.
Primary responsibilities include:
- providing consumers and families with information about recovery, rehabilitation and crisis self-management
- arranging post-intervention services
- providing support while consumers are transitioning to follow-up care
Relief hours available; flexibility to work day, evening and weekend hours required
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent clinical supervision, competitive salary, and career advancement opportunities!
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Basic computer fluency (including Microsoft Office) required
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required for local transportation
- High school degree or equivalent required; Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
- Must have personal knowledge of the effects of psychiatric symptoms
- Personal knowledge of area clinical providers and support systems preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.