We have a wonderful opportunity to join our Family Support Center as an a Respite Worker!
Our Family Support Center offers a wide array of supports in the home and in the community for adults and children with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities living with their families. These services may include respite, engaging recreational activities, provision of adaptive equipment, skill training, and intensive staff support when necessary.
The primary goal of the Respite Worker lies in the ability to provide individualized support in a community and /or family setting that is based on each individual’s strengths, interests, and needs.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is committed, compassionate, and has the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the individuals and their families!
Schedule: relief hours (late afternoons and flexibility to work one weekend day on occasion) – 5 hours total – schedule can be flexible
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent supervision, competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits package and career advancement opportunities!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in the English language), including clearly documenting individual progress and activities in program records.
- Basic computer fluency, including Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, delegate, and motivate others, as well as to work as a member of a team and to function independently.
- Sensitivity, caring, patience, and understanding of individuals with disabilities and needs of their families and/or caregivers.
- High school diploma; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience working with individuals who have a developmental or cognitive disability required; experience working with non-verbal adults preferred
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle.
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.