We make a difference – in your community and your career
School Clinician (100% telehealth at this time)
Cambridge and Somerville Outpatient Center
The Cambridge/Somerville Outpatient Center has approximately 45 employees and serves over 1200 children, adolescents and adults. We are seeking an independently licensed clinician to join our small team of outpatient therapists who are embedded in the Somerville Public School system.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently in a culturally sensitive, empowering and respectful manner in busy public school settings (K-12) with a diverse student population.
NOTE: Due to the COVID pandemic the Somerville schools will be functioning fully remotely for the foreseeable future, with the potential for a hybrid model at some point. Riverside is following all CDC and local guidelines. We will be providing only telehealth services to our school clients until it is safe for our staff to be physically in the schools.
This salaried position is for 30 hours per week based in the schools, with the potential to add fee-for-service hours at the clinic. Individual supervision will be provided, along with group supervision with other child and family clinicians.
The position involves:
- Providing culturally-competent individual counseling for a multicultural student population
- Maintaining contact with families and school staff, as appropriate
- Maintaining regular communication with the program’s leadership
- Attending regular meetings with other school-based outpatient therapists
- Completing all required paperwork in our electronic health records system in a timely manner
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program including free CEUs/CEs in Social Work and Psychology. Riverside also offers excellent clinical supervision, strong billing and administrative supports, and career advancement opportunities!
Riverside Community Care we take pride in our employees for being compassionate, respectful and innovative. Our staff is deeply committed to helping others in a community mental health environment.
Riverside offers competitive salaries, reimbursement for malpractice insurance, and the opportunity to earn additional compensation for on-call coverage. In addition, Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program including free CEUs/CEs in Social Work and Psychology, excellent clinical supervision, strong billing and administrative supports, and career advancement opportunities!
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm to learn and integrate technology into the work environment, including providing therapy via video conferencing
- Moderate to advanced computer fluency, including Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Master’s degree in a clinical mental health discipline with independent clinical licensure
- Minimum of two years clinical experience with children and adolescents with significant emotional and behavioral challenges. Experience in a school-based setting preferred
- Experience providing services using video-conferencing platforms preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.