Robert F. Kennedy (RFK) Human Rights seeks a Compass Events & Marketing intern to join the Compass Investor Program this summer, as the team plans for their virtual sessions, including their fall virtual summit, and as they continue to develop content and marketing collateral for the program. This internship will focus heavily on and help strengthen one’s event, marketing/communications, and project management skills.
- Assist with logistics and content development for the in-person conference and virtual sessions, from planning to execution. This is including but not limited to: running and pulling reports, helping with panel session research, and creating briefs/guides for each panel;
- Assist with researching topics of interest to investors and the business community as it relates to human rights especially under the themes of economic and racial injustice, diversity & financial inclusion, technology & information, and labor & supply chain;
- Assist with keeping track of investors and companies who have pledged to advance racial and economic equity and helping to conduct research on a scorecard that will be developed to track and rate these commitments
- Assist with campaigns that seek to advance the investment community’s work on the S in ESG as it relates to our core themes
- Support the team with postings on social media and ensuring that a post is made at least 2x a week to the various platforms
- Keeping on top of investor events and trends and sending weekly updates to the team to use for campaigns, articles, session topics, and social media
- Maintain the Compass Content Hub, an internal-use only warehouse of articles/resources;
- Draft content pieces on business and human rights issues, particularly relating to the main Compass themes;
- Help update databases (such as Salesforce) and pull any necessary reports for invitee research;
- Help with the clean up of the Salesforce database including merging contacts and accounts, deleting duplicate accounts, and researching existing contacts to ensure their information is up to date;
- Assist with the development of the RFK Compass newsletter;
- Help to update the RFK Compass website as needed;
- Support the team in the development of emailers to be distributed to invitees during the lead up to the conference and virtual sessions;
- Help maintain the registration link for the conference and virtual sessions ensuring there are no breaks, and checking the registration system for missing information from attendees, such as bios and photos on a weekly basis;
- Assist with note-taking during the planning calls, virtual sessions, and external webinars;
- You will work with all levels of the organization including the President/CEO, board of directors, and leadership team, while working closely with other colleagues.
- Assist with other tasks and activities as needed;
- Undergraduate student with experience and interest in planning/coordinating events; marketing and communications; business and finance.
- Interest in working in the non-profit or finance/business sectors;
- Awareness and interest in current events and issues relating to human rights around the world;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite;
- Ability to crunch numbers and utilize systems such as Microsoft Excel & Google Sheets;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated research skills suitable for varied audiences;
- Attention to detail, you’re able to scope out errors and willing to fix mistakes;
- Time management, you have the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once;
- Self-starter with the drive to propose and execute content pieces on their own;
- Flexible, patient, and ability to stay gracious under pressure;
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information;
- Innovative thinking, an unwillingness to accept things as they are, and a strong work ethic are essential;
- Teamwork, you are able to build positive relationships with your colleagues and are willing to help others;
- Inclusive, you’re excited to work with people who have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives from your own.
Preferred but not required qualifications:
- Experience working with Salesforce, Zoom, and Hopin;
- Experience with social media platforms and editing videos;
- Experience working in conferences and other events with businesses and NGO leaders.
Availability and Compensation:
- The application deadline is April 16, 2021
- This internship may commence as early as April 26, 2021, and end as late as August 27, 2021 with a commitment of approx. 15-20 hours per week.
- Interns will receive a $500 monthly stipend
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume and cover letter to careers @ rfkhumanrights.org with “Your Name + Events/Marketing Program Internship” in the subject heading. For example: “Jane Doe + Events/Marketing Program Internship”.
- In your cover letter or email please include how you heard about this role and why you’re interested in this position.
You are welcomed here…
Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights is an equal opportunity employer and believes we are stronger and more effective by working internally and externally with people of all abilities, diverse backgrounds, and a range of perspectives, particularly those who have historically been marginalized or underrepresented. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We do not discriminate in our hiring practices and in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seek a diverse applicant pool.