Job ID: 202108-122670
Start Date: Spring
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Length of assignment: 6-month
Candidates will join U.S. Pharmaceutical Technical Development (PTDU) for a six-month internship beginning January/February 2022. PTDU develops, delivers, and supports robust, cost-effective production methods and technologies for innovative protein-based therapeutics to meet the needs of Genentech’s Research, Development, Commercial, and Product Operations groups, while maintaining patient safety as our primary goal. With a thriving pipeline and limited resources, automation, data management, and business process improvements are critical to our success. We welcome your entrepreneurial spirit and fresh perspectives to help us drive change and resolve complex and ambiguous issues.
Specifically, this role focuses on implementing data management systems and predictive modeling to improve our business and laboratory workflows. We are looking for someone with a strong background in computer science or data science with an interest in biotechnology.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Improving data management systems by building tools to simplify and automate workflows
- Develop tools for predictive modeling based on large data sets
Candidates applying for this intern program have high-potential, with good problem solving, interpersonal, communication, and team skills. Candidates thrive in an environment with minimal oversight, love to be challenged, and proactively seek to make life easier for the people they work with. Candidates are able to communicate with clients with various backgrounds, at different levels and quickly identify key requirements.
Preferred skills include:
- Understanding of database structures and data visualization techniques
Other qualifications include:
- Enrolled in sophomore year or higher at a college/university or any year at a graduate school (candidates who have already graduated are still eligible to apply for this position if their start date is within two years from their graduation date)
- Preferred disciplines: computer sciences and/or engineering with an emphasis in the following majors:
- Bio/Chemical Engineering or related
- Computer Science/Engineering or related
- Demonstrated high level of scholastic achievement (GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Must be able to work 40 hours/week for the duration of the internship