Job ID: 202108-122667
Start Date: Spring
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Length of assignment: 6-month
Pharmaceutical Technical Development (PTDU) develops, delivers, and supports robust, cost-effective production methods and technologies for innovative protein-based therapeutics to meet the needs of Genentech’s Research, Development, Commercial, and Product Operations groups. The group has long been recognized as a world leader in developing large-scale manufacturing processes, sophisticated analytical methods, and effective drug delivery systems.
We are currently recruiting for Technical Development Spring Internship positions in PTDU for our South San Francisco, CA headquarters. The six-month internship position will begin in January/February 2022.
As a Technical Development Intern, you will be assigned a project in one of the following areas within PTDUP:
- Cell Culture and Fermentation Development
- Purification Development
- Protein Analytical Chemistry
- Analytical Operations
- Pharmaceutical Development
- Drug Delivery Technology Development
- Device Development
- Pilot Plant Operations
- Process Development Engineering
- Potency Assay Development
Please visit http://making.gene.com/1/lobby/ for general descriptions of some of these departments.
This program provides a broad perspective and appreciation of the development of new processes, methods and technologies at different production scales in the biotechnology industry.
Candidates applying for the PTDU Intern Program should be passionate about science/engineering and thoroughly enjoy the challenges associated with complex problem solving. Candidates must be highly self-motivated and able to work effectively as individuals and as part of multi-disciplinary teams in an atmosphere of casual intensity to develop medicines for unmet medical needs.
Other qualifications include:
- Enrolled in sophomore year or higher at a college/university or any year at a graduate school (candidates who have already graduated are still eligible to apply for this position if their start date is within two years of their graduation date)
- Preferred disciplines: chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, bioengineering, pharmaceutical engineering, chemistry, biology, biophysics, or related disciplines
- Demonstrated high level of scholastic achievement (GPA 3.0 or higher)
- Relevant work experience in research labs or the biotechnology industry is highly desirable
- Must be able to work 40 hours/week for the duration of the 6-month internship