Rockland Trust is currently seeking Summer Bank Tellers to work in our Martha’s Vineyard branches. Summer tellers work 35 hours per week on a seasonal basis from approximately mid/ late May through August.
Many of our branches are open on weekends so availability to work Saturdays and Sundays is required.
Ability to travel to multiple branch locations, within a reasonable commute, is required. Our Summer Tellers work in the branches closest to where they live. Branch locations in this area include the following:
- Vineyard Haven
Summer Teller opportunities are available across Massachusetts, including Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket. View Summer Teller opportunities in other areas here: https://careers.rocklandtrust.com/
As a Teller you will assist the Bank in meeting its goals of sales and service by providing the highest level of customer service through an ongoing commitment to improvement in knowledge, productivity, and job efficiency.
Under the supervision of the Branch Manager or Designee this position is responsible for conducting financial transactions for bank customers; identifies and makes sales referrals, recommends digital channels, cross-sells bank services and products, and provides superior service in a highly professional manner.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Understands and develops knowledge of bank products and services
- Consistently greet customers, make them feel welcome and engage them to learn about their financial needs.
- Introduce customers to new Product & Services, actively participate in sales promotions and generate leads for the platform and business partners.
- Meets customer needs through problem solving techniques as required.
- Conducts business in a professional manner and maintains a neat and orderly work area. Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with all bank personnel.
- Understands and adheres to security and compliance policies and procedures.
- Processes all transactions including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, check cashing, etc. in an accurate, efficient, professional manner within established guidelines and authority.
- Performs settlement procedures and balances cash drawer daily.
- Display a high level of professionalism, adhere to dress code policy, treat all people with dignity and respect, and perform in an ethical manner in all transactions and interactions
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by management.
Sales and Service:
- Recognize/Identify cross sell and up sell opportunities and contribute to successful achievement of all customer service standards and sales goals
- Actively develop new customers and strengthen existing relationships
- Promote products and marketing initiatives as required while proactively matching products and benefits to the specific needs of customers
Operations and Compliance:
- Process transactions and respond to product and service inquiries quickly and effectively
- Comply with Federal and State Compliance Regulations as well Rockland Trust policies and procedures
- We provide two weeks of paid training in the basics of the job. Further training is through on-the-job exposure, academic programs and company courses
There is ample opportunity to learn and to advance to higher level positions based on your interest in advancing your career and ability to learn.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrate sales and service oriented personality and maintain a professional appearance.
- Applicants must have a genuine desire to work with customers in a caring and empathetic way, with a positive approach to interactions with customers and team members.
- Position is responsible for providing excellent service to customers while supplying them with information on a variety of banking products that are suited to their individual needs.
- Duties performed require a high level of accuracy in cash handling and an expectation for cross-selling and up-selling products.
- Position requires constant customer contact.
- Position must be able to discern customer needs and recommend most appropriate product or service.
- Decisions are made under close scrutiny of immediate supervisor and may become more extensive as position gains in knowledge and experience.
- Errors in judgment at this level may result in monetary losses to the Bank and/or a breach of bank policy.
- Normal office requirements with long periods of standing and continuous customer contact.
- The willingness to work within a flexible six or seven day work week as customer needs dictate.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Once hired, continued employment is dependent upon successful completion of Teller Training, which includes an exam.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Candidates should have 1-2 years prior teller experience or cash handling/customer service skills
Our goal is to offer our colleagues the most generous benefits package possible. We strive to provide colleagues with a comprehensive benefits package and an environment that supports a healthy work-life balance.
At Rockland Trust you’ll find a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone is given the chance to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.