Rockwell Automation is the largest company in the world dedicated to industrial automation and information. Here, we connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive. From improving the production of medicines that boost human health to reducing waste in an oil and gas plant, the work we do changes how we live.
We truly believe we are doing things never before possible. And we need the brightest minds to help make that happen – the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That’s where you come in.
Our Software Engineering Co-Op’s last 7 months from May-December. This is an opportunity to dig deep with one of our development teams and become well versed in software development environments and proven development techniques. As a Software Engineering Co-Op you will work alongside full time employees and industry professionals developing new and existing products in an agile environment. Each intern has a dedicated mentor to help navigate Rockwell, ramp up in our code base, and remove daily blockers.
We’re bringing the Internet of Things (IoT) to the factory floor and Information Technology beyond just a help desk enabling exciting new possibilities for our software engineers. Intern activities may include: software application design, implementation, testing, prototype evaluation, technology investigations, debugging, and small design projects in areas such as:
- Usability Enhancements
- Dev Security Ops
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Networks and Infrastructure
- Software Test
- Cloud Engineering
- Power Electronics
Rockwell will match your background and skills with your interests and our business needs such that each experience is unique. Additionally, there will be hosted activities and events intended to help you grow your network, develop your professional skills, and immerse yourself in our company culture.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Technologies We Use
- Object-oriented designs using C++, C#, Java, and other programming languages
- Desktop, cloud, and mobile platform software development using Windows and Linux
- TypeScript, Node.js, Angular framework, GraphQL, Kotlin
- Large, scalable distributed systems and/or SaaS solutions