The Market Research Intern will assist the Vice President for Research Graduate and Online in the preparation of client-facing studies focused on helping colleges and universities assess relative demand for programs they are considering launching or expanding. Experience using of web-based data platforms and Microsoft Excel essential to success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (not limited to)
- Downloading data sets from a web-based platform to Excel. This will require the manipulation of the platform through a series of clicks and check boxes, which will be uniform from project to project.
- Microsoft Excel: Once data are downloaded, data need to be organized into several different sheets within the workbook (on a model). Formulas are used to do things like averages, percent change over time, ranking, compound annual growth, etc.
- PowerPoint organization: Once data are formatted, data are inserted into a PowerPoint or MS Word template.
- Basic Analysis: In some cases, intern will be asked to update generic text in the template to reflect the data that are being inserted in a given report.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or masters degree (at time of internship) in Marketing, Business Administration, or Mass Communications preferred, with disciplines in Management, Marketing Intelligence, or Business Analytics
- 0-2 years experience in data analysis preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel & Microsoft PowerPoint; Experience with Microsoft suite’s web-based platforms preferred
- Experience in using web-based platforms (general, not necessarily data platforms)
- Past experience with basic data analysis
- Good written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proven ability to work from home and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain and work in a remote home office