Registered Nurse 1 – 13 East Tower – Orthopedics
Evenings- 8 Hour Shifts
Rush’s orthopedic physicians are ranked number 1 in Illinois and ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report’s. The Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Rush is ranked among the best programs in the nation.
- Rush’s orthopedic physicians are ranked number 1 in Illinois and ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report’s.
- The Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Rush is ranked among the best programs in the nation.
- Common procedures on this premiere unit include total joint replacements, oncological procedures with limb salvaging and spinal surgeries, traumatic injuries and extremity procedures of the shoulder, elbow, hand, and foot.
- Services provided by over 20 admitting orthopedic surgeons include same-day state-of-the-art minimally invasive total hip and knee replacements.
- Supportive Leadership
- Opportunity to provide expert nursing care to a stimulating variety of Medical/Surgical patients
- Evidence Based Interventions – Initiates clinical interventions and participates in the collection of data to support unit based quality initiative, research and evidence based activities.
- Leadership – Able to function as a charge nurse, integrates financial knowledge of the unit into patient care and demonstrates the ability to provide education to staff and students on the unit.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse Licensure required.
- BSN ( or higher) required;
- Specialty certification in med-surg preferred; certification in orthopedics strongly preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- Previous experience with orthopedic patients strongly preferred.
- Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
- Rush University Medical Center is a five-time Magnet® facility, the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also the first hospital in Illinois serving adults and children to receive Magnet status.
- Rush was ranked #1 Best Hospital in Illinois for Nurses in 2017 by Nurse.org.
- Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future.
- Ranked among the top 20 “Best Places to Work” by Indeed.
- Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664 licensed beds.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.