SUMMARY: Supports the end-user community in the effective access and use of university information resources and compliance with infrastructure and operating standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
· Excitement and eagerness to learn and utilize new emerging technologies
· Customer service skills, excellent attention to details & organization skills
- Availability to troubleshoot the production and development environment problems and provide technical assistance.
· Provides general problem diagnosis and support for departmental computer systems.
· Effectively communicates technical issues to project manager and other stake holders and ability to present complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
· Relates with the end-user community in a manner that promotes confidence in the client and the image of IFH as a professional service-oriented organization.
· Knowledge of industry technology standards and trends.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills suitable for “service environment”.
- Working knowledge of Windows, MacOS and Linux operating system.
- Understanding of data security policies, procedures and protocols such as HIPAA, PHI & PII
· Involves in code reviews, testing and training.
· Mechanical skills appropriate to computer and server management and support.
- Understanding of mainstream technologies including computer configurations, web servers, cloud computing, and networking, etc.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and protocols
· Understands and adheres to legacy UMDNJ compliance standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
· Keeps abreast of all federal, state and Rutgers University regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management or Information Technology or Engineering or Business Administration. 0-1 year of experience in support of desktop computers, network devices and servers. Relevant experience may be substituted for a college degree on a year for year basis.