The OISS Student Worker (SW) will serve as an integral member of the overall OISS staff and will report to the International Services Advisors.
The SW will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
• Instagram and Facebook: assist with engaging content creation and posts. Create photo submission contests, hashtags and coordinate interaction on social media with other departments.
• Data management on volume of phone calls, emails and advising appointments
• Assist with creation and presentation of virtual programming activities
• File management of sensitive records
• Formatting of weekly newsletter in MailChimp
• Assist with outreach to registered students through means of phone calls, text messages, e-mails and other avenues for reminders and updates
• Other duties and tasks as assigned
The Student Worker must be a currently enrolled student at Rutgers-Newark. The student must have strong interpersonal skills, an attention to detail, the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple tasks, and a positive attitude. Social media experience preferred.