Email Marketing Intern Job Description
The Rutgers University Foundation (RUF) and Rutgers University Alumni Association (RUAA) communicate with over 500,000 alumni on a weekly basis. This role will provide hands on experience of managing large-scale newsletters and mass-email marketing campaigns.
The email marketing intern* within the Strategic Advancement Communications department will assist with the strategy and project management of email campaigns sent from the RUF and RUAA. The email marketing intern will report directly to the associate director of email marketing but will work closely with all members of the core digital marketing team.
*This opportunity is for academic credit only.
Duties may include:
Email Marketing Project Management (60%)
· Aid in project managing newsletter email campaigns, including lineup, content creation, testing, and reviewing.
· Assist the project management team as needed on email marketing requests.
Email Marketing Calendar Tracking (20%)
· Monitor all outgoing emails sent from Marketo.
· Track all email campaigns in the email marketing calendar daily.
Email Marketing Reporting and Analytics (20%)
· Derive insights from email marketing analytics and reporting to optimize future campaigns.
· Create and update any email marketing reports as needed.
· Marketing, Communications, Business or related major preferred
· Strong management and organizational skills
· Basic understanding of email marketing strategy and email analytics
· Experience working in a cross-departmental setting preferred
· Experience working in an email service provider preferred (Mailchimp, Pardot, ConstantContact, etc.)
· Learn project management best practices and software.
· Learn newsletter production workflow from conception to deployment and analytics collection.
· Learn about Rutgers University value proposition and the role Rutgers University Foundation and Rutgers University Alumni Association play in fulfilling Rutgers mission.
· Develop a basic understanding of Marketo automated email platform.