Cook 1 Job Description
Live Your Passion. Add Your Magic.
At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are excited to meet candidates who are tenacious in all aspects of their lives. We, as a company, strive to provide an enrichment for both our guests and associates lives. Long hours, fast-paced days, and a never ending commitment to learning and bettering oneself should be expected. Success at this property requires one to be humble and have a willingness to hear, understand, and implement directions to improves one’s skills. The Cook III will provide and maintain high quality standards and procedures in preparing and serving food while keeping the kitchen clean, safe and a sanitary environment in which to work. This role will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company’s goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values.
The Cook I will provide and maintain high quality standards and procedures in preparing and serving food while keeping the kitchen clean, safe and a sanitary environment in which to work. This role will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company’s goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values.
Major areas of responsibility/ management include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for preparation of all restaurant foods, hot and cold, that meet specifications, guarantees and pays attention to detail with plate presentation.
· Maintain solid knowledge of all food products, sanitation standards, and all policies/ procedures and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques.
· Working as a team and effectively communicating with management, chefs, and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or employees
· Ensuring requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area, assist in lowering food cost and waste, properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation, read and expedite computer tickets for service, produce production list to ensure efficient execution of service, conduct inventory on a regular basis to ensure proper par levels and assist Chef, Assistant Chef, Cooks, Pantry workers, and Kitchen Helpers as needed in the execution of service.
· The guest experience revolves around the food appearance, quality and overall dining experience.
· Create and maintain and environment of excellence; attitude, respect, cooperation
· Fill out order guides and hand off the appropriate leader
· Learn ordering deadlines and procedures
· Lead break down at end of shift to include but not limited to: all coolers wiped and cleaned, all product labeled, all equipment turned off, overnight food prepped and readily available, dismissal of cooks
· Lead line ups both front and back
· Lead trainer on all stations for new hires
· High school or equivalent education required
· Minimum of 5 years’ cooking experience
· Luxury hotel experience strongly preferred
· Standalone restaurant experience
· Culinary Degree from an accredited culinary program
· Ability to communicate clearly and speak, read, write and understand English
· PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more. Ability to physically handle knives, pots, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen or storeroom. Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, buffalo chopper, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment. Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, i.e., cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and sanitation practices. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 200 lbs. occasionally. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.