Samsung has been a leading force in innovation for decades. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere. We strive to create a place of endless learning where we’re pushed to discover our true potential. Our interns take real-world business problems and lead the charge on formulating creative solutions. Our structured program prepares every intern for success by allowing them to fully integrate into our dynamic culture while contributing their own unique ideas. We create opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students to impact change and make the impossible possible. Join #LifeatSamsung.
As part of the corporate communications team, the Strategic Communications Intern will support and communicate Samsung’s corporate story in U.S. and to the public policy community throughout the U.S.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Operations of Samsung Washington DC Office, the Intern’s responsibilities will include:
- Support with Samsung’s larger Corporate Affairs Team to ensure consistent messaging and goals, to develop communications materials, and to align strategies.
- Support written and oral communications that cogently tell Samsung’s public policy-based corporate story.
- Support events, publications, and media that will serve as an effective means by which to inform key stakeholders community of Samsung’s corporate story.
- Monitor a significant public policy and trends that may impact the company now and in the future by effectively maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Government Relations team and Citizenship team to use enhance and streamline Samsung’s advocacy efforts
- Actively serve as Samsung’s liaison
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism required as a representative of the company.
- Ability to work independently and an entrepreneurial spirit; strong decision making, problem solving project management skills.
- Must have excellent time management, organizational and project management skills.
- Must display good judgment and use discretion when presented with sensitive or confidential issues.
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced environment that focuses on high-quality results and flawless execution.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited University
- Proper work authorization
- Maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Attend New Hire Orientation on first day