Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
We’re not about coffee runs and busywork. Our Co-Op program is focused on development, culture and community. We’ll help you grow professionally, thrive in an award-winning work environment and make memorable connections with your co-workers and fellow co-ops and interns. The potential to make a real impact is exciting. We are looking for students interested in making an impact to our Finance organization. You’ll have the opportunity to take the skills you have learned in the classroom and use them in real world applications. The Co-Op (cooperative education) program is an opportunity to gain hands-on work experience through rotating semesters, while earning your degree. All candidates will need to partner with their university to review the co-op agreement and guidelines set by their university, and be available to work a full-time schedule (40 hours per week) January-August 2021.
Co-Ops will be exposed to:
- Mentorship from Finance professionals
- Executives within all functions of the business
- Programming Training and opportunity for a SAS Certification, Money Magazine’s © Most Valuable Career Skill
- Participate in trainings & networking across the company with a focus on soft skills & professional development
Accounting Operations: Direct Spend Center
- Administer, coordinate documentation and process purchase orders for business units across SAS. Communicate with employees, assisting with controls and management of procurement initiatives within the Finance Division.
We need you to
- Enrolled in a degree seeking program and not graduating prior to May 2022. Majors can include: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Analytics, or Information Technology.
- Have strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Be a leader. You’re the one sitting in the front row of the class.
- Embrace technology. You geek out over the latest and greatest!
- Willingness to work 40 hours a week January 2021-August 2021.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You’re a college student enrolled in an accredited program.
- You’ve got practical experience inside or outside of school or work.
- Proficiency in Excel is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- You’ve got a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Just like showing up for work, going to class is #vital.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.