Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. At SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What We Do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
This year round internship will focus on advanced analytical methods for the IoT domain. You’ll be transforming and modeling high frequency machine data for anomaly detection and system degradation. Other projects will include numerical validation, numerical testing with different characteristics of data and parameters, prototyping of approaches being investigated in Python/R/Matlab/SAS IML to validate the approach, numerical and feature comparisons with competitive software, documentation, demos/examples.
We need you to
- Be enrolled in a graduate (Masters or PhD) degree seeking program in Math or Statistics and not graduating prior to December 2022.
- Have strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Be a leader. You’re the one sitting in the front row of the class.
- Embrace technology. You geek out over the latest and greatest!
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You’re a college student enrolled in an accredited program.
- You’ve got practical experience inside or outside of school or work.
- Work Hours: Available to work 10-20 hours during the academic year, and full-time hours during the summer of 2022.
- Programming experience
- You’ve got a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Just like showing up for work, going to class is #vital.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.