Scholastic is seeking an Associate Dev Ops Engineer to develop, deliver, and manage the lifecycle of new and existing cloud infrastructure. This candidate will help build and maintain “Infrastructure as Code” across the various Scholastic engineering programs. The engineer will build, source, maintain, and integrate the underlying technology stacks that support software builds and/or application deployments.
This candidate will work as part of an interdisciplinary team of closely aligned business units to manage the full software development life cycle. Desirable candidates will have a strong desire to learn and solve intriguing problems.
- Designing, maintaining, and automating deployment of AWS infrastructure
- Monitoring and troubleshooting various facets of Kubernetes platforms
- Creating and building out Jenkins CI/CD pipeline solutions for faster and efficient deployments
- Ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security for all production systems
- Participating actively in the Agile development process as part of a dynamic project team
- Promoting and practicing engineering best practices
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children’s media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children’s learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 100+ year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to “Open a World of Possible” for all children. Learn more at Scholastic.com/AboutScholastic.
About the Associate Program
Scholastic’s Technology Associate Program is designed to identify, train, and promote the next generation of leaders. Each new-hire class receives comprehensive training and is quickly given responsibility to deliver on business goals using industry-leading tools, partners, and technology – all while working in an agile, iterative model that emphasizes collaboration, transparency, and goal-oriented development.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX environments
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms and Virtualization technologies (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and networking concepts
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash, Go)
- Working knowledge of relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Working knowledge of source code version control (e.g. Git)
- Graduation date in 2021 or 2022
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Familiarity with containers and container platforms (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, EKS)
- Familiarity with orchestration and configuration management tools (e.g. Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development or Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) concepts and tools (e.g. Jenkins)