Product Specialist – Cellular/Molecular
The Cellular/Molecular Division of Scintica offers a portfolio of equipment and technologies that enable researchers to conduct leading edge preclinical research. Products include, but are not limited to, colony counter for formation assays, live cell imagers, hypoxia chambers and incubators, Western blot and Gel Documentation systems , and a variety of emerging technologies for neuroscience research, regenerative medicine and cancer biology (intravital microscopy, in vivo imaging tools, tissue engineering, etc.).
We also offer other types of advanced instrumentation through our Physiology and Imaging Divisions that are synergistic and complement the Cellular portfolio. This permits us to cater to all equipment needs of an integrative research lab from basic lab equipment to complex and high-value imaging products.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our team of Scientific Product Managers. As a relatively new and rapidly growing company, Scintica can offer candidates significant opportunities for growth and professional development, travel, and extensive opportunities to learn about new areas of science and assist with new discoveries. The Cellular Division, in particular, can offer significant opportunity for advancement and revenue earning potential.
At this time, we are flexible in our location requirements throughout North America, although preference may be given to candidates who are located in the Houston, TX area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize all available means to identify prospective customers for various product solutions including, but not limited to, PubMed, SciLeads, Institutional website, customer referrals, social networks, etc.
- In coordination with marketing team, come up with various lead generation strategies including outbound campaigns and inbound marketing initiatives (email campaigns, educational webinars, social media campaigns)
- Perform outreach to qualify prospective customers, assess equipment needs of lab and determine appropriate technical solutions
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of how to apply and configure various technologies to best meet customer needs
- Gain an understanding of the competitive landscape and how to position our solution to succeed in winning high value sales
- Respond to incoming requests for information
- Issue quotes, document interactions in the company customer relationship management (CRM) software platform, create opportunities and schedule appropriate follow up
- Conduct virtual presentations and demonstrations of equipment where possible
- Perform onsite demonstrations of equipment in the field or by hosting prospective customers at reference sites
- Secure orders and, where necessary, perform onsite installation and training
- Serve as the first line of support for customers in need of application assistance or technical troubleshooting
- Attend scientific conferences as an exhibitor and staff Scintica trade show booth
- Foster and nurture strong customer relationships
- Maintain accurate records within the CRM database including sales and activity reports
- Assist in identifying and evaluating new technologies that complement the Scintica portfolio and provide value to our customer base
Our expectation is that this position will provide a path to a product management role where there will be greater responsibility and accountability to our manufacturing partners and more involvement in marketing programs.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
A degree in the life sciences, biomedical science, cellular/molecular biology
- Laboratory research exposure and hands-on experience using one or more of the types of products in the Scintica Cellular Division portfolio
- A thorough understanding of microscopy and practical experience using a variety of imaging platforms
- A background in cardiovascular physiology, neuroscience and cancer biology would be an asset
- Legal status to work the United States
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Skills and abilities that are considered a high priority include:
Ability to navigate complex purchasing and decision processes with confidence to influence course of action
Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with a scientist, as a scientist, and to understand their research
Experience in selling high value products to research institutions
Ability to respond to challenges in a professional manner during on-site visits
Animal handling experience and an understanding of anesthesia
Drive to succeed and works well under pressure
Able to manage changing priorities and timelines
Strong negotiation and consultative selling skills
- A commitment to travel up to 50% of the time (when/were permitted)
- Valid passport and drivers’ license
- The ability to travel in both Canada and the United States
- The ability to rent a vehicle in both Canada and the United States
Compensation is based on experience and includes base salary, commission and an office allowance.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org