Score Media and Gaming Inc. empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly-personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. The Company’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience and is currently available to place wagers in New Jersey, Colorado, Indiana and Iowa. Publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (SCR), theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
We rapidly iterate by using an Agile approach to software development along with continuous integration, manual and automated QA. We use code and design reviews to maintain a high level of quality in the app. Our codebase includes mostly Swift with some Objective-C. We adopt new releases of iOS immediately and are always looking to push the boundaries of the platform.
We value continuous personal improvement and encourage team members to attend conferences, host meetups and give talks. We open-source our code when possible and maintain an engineering blog in order to give back to the community.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Work with the product team to design, architect, and ship our amazing applications.
- Implement polished user interfaces with the help of our design team.
- Improve our code through refactoring and applying modern design patterns.
- Work with other engineers through technical collaboration, discussion, and code review.
- Solve difficult problems related to large data sets and responsive UIs.
- Help our QA team to automate testing and continuous integration.
- Keep up to date with the latest advances in iOS development.
- Other duties as required
- Experience working with Cocoa, Swift (Objective-C is a plus).
- A demonstrated ability in delivering clean, organized, testable, and highly performant code.
- Experience developing pixel-perfect user interfaces.
- Experience with unit testing.
- Experience integrating APIs and back-end services with mobile applications.
- Experience working with Git.
- Experience working with Cocoapods.
- Experience working with large native code bases with significant complexity.
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented design, software development principles, and design patterns.
- Solid knowledge of concurrency best practices and pitfalls.
- Highly proficient with profiling/debugging tools.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or equivalent experience.
- A passion for sports and/or gaming is considered an asset.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.