Basic Skills Teacher
The Secaucus Board of Education invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Basic Skills Teacher, May 3, 2021 – June 30, 2021.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college/university.
- New Jersey Department of Education Teacher of English or Middle School with Subject matter Specialization: English in Grades 5-8 Standard Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility (CE) or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS).
- Advanced placement language and/or literature experience preferred.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis and prepares progress reports.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship, basic communications skills, and other general elements of the course of study common to all teachers, as specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the district.
- Provides individual, small, and/or large group instruction, whenever appropriate, to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils with varying intellectual and special abilities.
- Instructs pupils in proper care and use of textbooks, equipment, and materials.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly and productive environment.
- Selects and requisitions books, instructional materials, equipment, aids, and maintains required inventory records.
- Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction.
- Develops and maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Supervises out of classroom activities for pupils during the assigned working day, as required.
- Plans and coordinates the work of aides, teacher assistants, and other paraprofessionals.
- Identifies pupils’ needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Communicates with students, parents and staff members on the individual student’s progress and development.
- Maintains basic attendance accounting and business services as required.
- Develops and participates in the sponsorship of student activities and faculty committees.
- Acts as a resource on an interdepartmental level to relate appropriate aspects of his/her subject area to other subject areas.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning the academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
REPORTS TO: Principal
SALARY AND EMPLOYMENT
Salary Range: Current starting salary range $59,409 – $66,919 as per the 2017-2020 SEA Contract
Employment Period: May 3, 2021 – June 30, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
The Secaucus Board of Education is only accepting electronic applications.
Please apply online at www.sboe.org.
THE SECAUCUS BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Board approved Mach 18,2021