Long Term Replacement
English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher
The Secaucus Board of Education invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Long Term Replacement ESL Teacher, January 4, 2021 – March 12, 2021.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited college/university.
2. New Jersey Department of Education Standard Certificate, Certificate of Eligibility (CE) or Certificate of Eligibility with Advance Standing (CEAS) in English as a Second Language.
3. Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of the position.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
2. Evaluates student progress on a regular basis and prepares progress reports.
3. Instructs students in citizenship, basic communication skills and other general elements of the course of study common to all teachers, as specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the district.
4. Provides individual, small, and/or large group instruction, whenever appropriate, in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and special abilities.
5. Instructs students in proper care and use of textbooks, equipment, and materials.
6. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly and productive environment.
7. Selects and requisitions books, instructional materials, equipment, aids, and maintains required inventory records.
8. Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction.
9. Develops and maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
10. Supervises out of classroom activities for students during the assigned workday, as required.
11. Plans and coordinates the work of classroom aides, teacher assistants, and other paraprofessionals.
12. Identifies the needs of students and coordinates with staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
13. Communicates with parents/guardians and other staff members on the individual student’s progress and development.
14. Maintains basic attendance, accounting, and business services as required.
15. Develops and participates in the sponsorship of student activities and faculty committees.
16. Acts as a resource person on an interdepartmental level to relate appropriate aspects of his/her subject area to other subject areas.
17. Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents/guardians concerning the academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
18. Orton-Gilligham Certified Teacher or Multi-Sensory Reading Teacher experience preferred
REPORTS TO: SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
SALARY AND EMPLOYMENT
Salary Range: Current starting salary range $59,409 – $66,919 as per the 2017-2020 SEA Contract
Employment Period: January 4, 2021 – March 12, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
The Secaucus Board of Education is only accepting electronic applications.
Please apply online at www.sboe.org.
OPENING DATE: November 23, 2020
CLOSING DATE: January 29, 2020
THE SECAUCUS BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Board approved November 19, 2020