Long Term Replacement
Special Education Teacher
February 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021
The Secaucus Board of Education invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of LTR Special Education Teacher.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited college/university.
• Possession of a valid certificate as a Teacher of the Handicapped or Students with Disabilities in the State of New Jersey.
• New Jersey Department of Education Standard Certificate, Certificate of Eligibility (CE) or Certificate of Eligibility with Advance Standing (CEAS) with subject matter specialization.
• Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of the position.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans subject matter to be taught and aligns lessons to grade level content requirements and IEP goals and objectives.
• Experience with working with students with learning, emotional and other disabilities
• Plans courses of study according to students’ levels of learning, styles of learning and other individual needs.
• Devises instructional methods/aids, such as audiovisual techniques/materials, to meet pupil needs.
• Teaches secondary school subjects in a variety of settings which can include Pull-Out Resource/Push-In Resource and In-Class or Supplemental Support.
• Devises special teaching tools, techniques, and equipment.
• Instructs students in academic subjects and other activities designed to provide learning experiences and meet local and State requirements.
• May supervise work of a teacher aide in the performance of routine instructional tasks.
• Prepares IEP progress reports and submits information to the Child Study Team for IEPs and attends IEP meetings.
• Observes, evaluates, and prepares reports on progress of students.
• Maintains records and files.
• Will be required to learn to utilize various types of computer software for instructional and record keeping activities.
• Functions as a member of the Middle/High school IEP team when required.
• Orton-Gillingham Certification preferred
DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL EDUCATION & SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
SALARY AND EMPLOYMENT
Salary Range: Current starting salary range $59,409 – $66,919 as per the 2017-2020 SEA Contract
Employment Period: February 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
The Secaucus Board of Education is only accepting electronic applications.
Please apply online at www.sboe.org.
OPENING DATE: December 18, 2020
CLOSING DATE: January 29, 2021
THE SECAUCUS BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Board approved December 17, 2020