SIFMA – Administrative Assistant, Member Engagement
SIFMA is looking for a New York-based Administrative Assistant. As a member of the broader Member Engagement department, this position will assist with performing general daily administrative tasks for 3 Managing Directors and their staff. This position will assist with the department’s overall recruitment, retention, and engagement of firm and individual members through SIFMA and SIFMA’s Professional Societies. This individual will act as the focal point for all member inquiries via the membership inbox and telephone inquiry line – strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- Handle telephone calls, including screening incoming calls, mail, and packages;
- Respond to Member inquiries in a highly professional, organized, and expedited manner;
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, professionalism, and confidentiality in all communications;
- Daily interaction with Members and SIFMA staff in fulfillment of administrative member service needs;
- Ensure all assignments/projects are completed with accuracy and efficiency, including follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely actions are taken;
- Produce accurate, properly formatted documents, reports under sometimes tight, time constraints;
- Maintain complex calendar; schedule all appointments, meetings, and conference calls;
- Book travel arrangements for Member Engagement Department staff;
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative professional business relationships with internal and external SIFMA stakeholders;
- Provide backup support for other administrative staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years in an administrative or professional field supporting customers or client inquiries – financial services experience preferred;
- Demonstration of excellent organizational, time management, communication, and client service skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Concur, and Protech or other database use and functionality highly preferred;
- Ability to prioritize tasks/workload in a multi-task environment;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- An ability to anticipate needs and work proactively to support Member Engagement team members and other individuals.
SIFMA is the leading trade association for broker-dealers, investment banks and asset managers operating in the U.S. and global capital markets. On behalf of our industry’s nearly 1 million employees, we advocate on legislation, regulation, and business policy, affecting retail and institutional investors, equity and fixed income markets and related products and services. We serve as an industry coordinating body to promote fair and orderly markets, informed regulatory compliance, and efficient market operations and resiliency. We also provide a forum for industry policy and professional development. SIFMA, with offices in New York and Washington, D.C., is the U.S. regional member of the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA). For more information, visit http://www.sifma.org.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans;
- Life and AD&D Insurance;
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance;
- 401(k) with employer contribution;
- Generous paid time off and holidays;
- Eligible to work remotely (up to 2 days per week);
- Mobile Subsidy
How to apply:
SIFMA is currently conducting virtual interviews. Although the SIFMA offices are currently open, the individual hired may start remote and will transition to working in the office beginning September 7th. Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Member Engagement Admin” in the subject line of your email.
SIFMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages interested individuals to apply.