Security Benefit (SB) seeks a Derivative Operations Analyst to work in the Derivatives Team within its Investments Department in Topeka, Kansas. SB fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, SB provides mutual funds, annuities and retirement plans and programs. As an industry leader in service technology, SB affiliates also offer business processing and broker/dealer solutions tailored to the financial services marketplace.
The Derivative Operations Analyst will compile and analyze data needed to support the front office lifecycle of derivative hedging. More specifically the individual will be involved in the following duties:
- Assist and support processing of derivatives lifecycle events across different derivatives products.
- Collateral/margin management for OTC products include but are not limited to issuing margin calls, substitutions, monthly interest and cash management.
- Monitor margin movement for Futures and Cleared accounts.
- Evaluate and analyze daily mark-to-market valuations of derivative positions with different brokers and perform variance report.
- Execute on derivative settlements with brokers including but not limited to OTC Options, Futures, Swaps and/or FX to ensure accuracy of cash flows of trades and holdings, and research and review any difference as needed.
- Collaborate with custodians, brokers, Derivative Front Office, Derivative Technology Group to ensure efficient and timely transmission of trades settlements and position breaks.
- Coordinate and perform derivatives position reconciliations and inquiries as needed with both internal and external parties. Researches and resolves discrepancies in reconciliations variances and follows up with the bank, broker and accounting to ensure accurate holdings.
- Execute and analyze legal-document trading agreements; understanding differences among ISDAs and MCAs across different legal entities and trading partners.
- Work closely with Derivative Front Office, Derivative Technology Group, Investment Front Office, Investment Operations teams, Accounting and Audit.
- Execute on account onboarding activities related to operational setup of new accounts or new counterparty for derivatives trading. Activities include but not limit to the setup of settlement instruction, margin management rules and collateral accounts.
- Prepare periodic reports and other financial documents.
- Work on projects to improve current state of the technology systems and processes. Assist and make sure the changes to the systems are implemented correctly by technology team.
- Maintain proper and on time communication, update with management and other business teams.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Desired qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, and Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A passion and knowledge of basic investments, derivatives and financial markets.
- Evident interpersonal, organizational, administrative and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, self-driven and excellent problem solving skills.
- The mind-set to see through to conclusion specific tasks ensuring deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Ability to analyze financial documentation, develop procedures and communicate detail in both verbal and written form
The following criteria would be considered advantageous:
- Previous investment/derivatives operations experience and knowledge of financial markets.
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Apply online at www.securitybenefit.com and submit your resume. EOE
Bachelors or better in Economics or related field.
Bachelors or better in Finance or related field.