Security Benefit (SB) is seeking an Investment Operations Analyst to join the Investments team in our Topeka, Kansas office. SB fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, SB provides mutual funds, annuities and retirement plans and programs.
Who We Are
Security Benefit (SB) fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, SB provides mutual funds, annuities and retirement plans and programs. As an industry leader in service technology, SB affiliates also offer business processing and broker/dealer solutions tailored to the financial services marketplace.
Combining its 125-year history of unmatched client service with innovative products, exceptional investment management and strategic planning, Security Benefit is one of the fastest growing retirement savings and income companies in the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Investment Operations Analyst will support the lifecycle of the investment for investment types on the Security Benefit book of business and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assists with the implementation of standardized procedures for supporting the valuation function within the lifecycle of an investment in addition to methods needed to process and access trade specific information and documents according to best practices and industry standards.
- Assists with the analysis of valuations for the book of investments including but not limited to assistance with the creation and validation of pricing models, review of daily/monthly valuations comparative to the market and execution of the pricing process.
- Prepares and assists internal and external parties with review and analysis of data for completeness, validity and reasonableness as well as assists with projects and training others on the team.
- Collaborates with clients, custodians, brokers, industry contacts and internal service partners such as Front Office, Investment Accounting, IT, Treasury and outsource providers to ensure efficient and timely transmission of trades and cash/position breaks
- Assists with compiles, tracks, reviews, verifies, and analyzes information in various systems to ensure details match to agreed standards and established controls. Utilizes and maintains knowledge of industry standards and best practices as it relates to functions within investment operations and systems utilized within the firm.
- Completes settlement with custodians and brokers for securities including but not limited to fixed income, equity, and private placements to ensure accuracy of processed portfolio trades and or holdings which will include complex and non-traditional settlements.
- Compiles and prepares reports as required including but not limited to trade blotters, wire reports, payment notification, etc. for internal and external service partners as well as senior management and auditors
- Performs cash and position reconciliations inquiries as needed with both internal and external parties. Researches and resolves discrepancies in accounts and unmatched payment records, reported reconciliations variances and follows up with the bank, internal or external clients to ensure accurate cash and holdings.
- Assists with the preparation of periodic reports and other financial documents
Eligible candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- 0 – 5 years of experience in an Investment Operations or Financial Services role or internship
- Ability to analyze financial documentation, develop procedures and communicate detail in both verbal and written form
- Strong individual contributor and team player with high standards for productivity and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple competing tasks and short deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with MS Office. Experience working with industry tools preferred
- Outside-the-box thinker, passionate about problem solving and possesses and entrepreneurial spirit with strong organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to delivery timely results.
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Apply online at www.securitybenefit.com/careers and submit your resume. EOE
Bachelors or better in Business Administration.
Bachelors or better in Economics.
Bachelors or better in Finance.
Less than 5 years: Experience in an Investment Operations or Financial Services role or internship