Security Benefit (SB), a leader in the retirement savings and income solutions market, is seeking an Investment Reporting Analyst to join the Investment Operations team. Security Benefit fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, Security Benefit provides annuities and retirement programs. As an industry leader in service technology, our affiliates offer business processing and broker/dealer solutions tailored to the retail retirement marketplace.
As the Investment Reporting Analyst, you are a key participant in the company’s investment operations reporting cycle. You will be responsible for transforming large amounts of investment data and information into presentations that tell the story of Security Benefit’s portfolio. You will assist with analyzing company results for both internal and external parties. The Investment Reporting Analyst understands the fundamentals of reporting requirements, with an ability and interest to take on complex tasks while continuously building your skills and knowledge.
- Develop, create, and maintain re-occurring and ad-hoc reports/dashboards with charts, graphs, tables, infographics, etc. using a variety of data to tell a meaningful story
- Assist in preparing recurring monthly, quarterly and annual management and investor reporting and presentations, including assisting with analysis and researching variances; prepares trend analysis and investments results messaging
- Translate complex data and information into visual user-friendly and meaningful information to facilitate executive decision making
- Establish regular validation processes to ensure data integrity and recommend new reports, feeds, and processes to support the business model; monitor and investigate exceptions, resolution and escalation as appropriate to relevant stakeholders
- Conduct analysis to answer ad hoc questions that cannot be addressed from standard reports or dashboards
- Contribute to the data management process by ensuring appropriate source of information for reporting needs; analyst will have exposure to a variety of financial data and work with a variety of asset types
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of processes/workflows and implements automated enhancements that lead to improvements in efficiency, timeliness, transparency and consistency
- Identify efficiencies in the reporting process and work with the team to convert recurring reports to the reporting system
- Will work closely with portfolio management, operations, legal, finance on a variety of issues, ongoing client/investor requests and new client reporting requirements while ensuring a high level of customer service to internal and external clients
- A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Visual Communication, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, MIS, Business Administration or a related degree
- 2-5 years of experience in reporting, dashboard creation and ad-hoc report development; insurance industry, investment operations and/or financial reporting experience preferred
- Ability to analyze financial documentation and turn into concise data points, develop procedures and communicate detail in both verbal and written form
- Proven history of managing multiple projects and meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to prepare a variety of management and executive documents and reports and make recommendations
- Ability to tell stories, create new presentation templates, and organize complex information clearly and concisely
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience using Business Intelligence tools: Qlik, Crystal Reports, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Client Reporting Packages is a plus
- Understanding of a relational data model and experience in data extraction across multiple related objects/tables
- Able to work independently, make decisions and effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, with an ability to demonstrate attention to detail and produce accurate, high quality work
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Apply online at www.securitybenefit.com/careers and submit your resume. EOE
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
Bachelors or better in Finance or related field.
Bachelors or better in Management Information Systems or related field.
Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field.
Experience using Business Intelligence tools: Qlik, Crystal Reports, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Client Reporting Packages is a plus
2-5 years: Experience in reporting, dashboard creation and ad-hoc report development; insurance industry, investment operations and/or financial reporting experience preferred