Security Benefit a Kansas based company, is seeking an experienced Software Developer Intern to join the Investment Department. SB fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. As an industry leader in service technology, our affiliates offer business processing and broker/dealer solutions tailored to the financial services. Headquartered in Topeka, KS, we are a fast-paced business that has experienced significant growth in the past few years and we expect to continue on a steady growth trajectory.
The Derivatives Technology Team is seeking an intern experienced in coding and debugging with an exposure to software design principles. We are currently looking for candidates to participate in an intern-to-hire track.
The intern will work with the Derivatives Technology Team and assist in the design, development, testing, deployment, and integration of software applications. The intern will work under a senior developer to assist in the completion of various technology initiatives. Other responsibilities include:
· Work with a team to address system issues
· Utilize issue tracking systems to identify and document technology issues and improvements.
· Support the other developer through researching, developing, and testing software
· Collaborate with other team members on projects
· Other projects and tasks as needed
In addition to valuable experience working in FinTech, the intern can expect to be exposed to the few of the following technologies:
· Business IT Systems Architecture and Web 2.0 Application Design
· Computer programing languages: C#, Python
· Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB
· Frameworks: .Net, .Net Core, ASP.NET, Angular, ASP.NET Core, AngularJS
· Technologies: Git, GitLab, JupyterNotebook, JupyterLab, Amazon Web Services
· Tools: Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
Students eligible for the internship will be current, fulltime students available to work approximately 19 hours a week, beginning immediately. Student will be expected to work during and in between semesters and up to full-time during the summer. This is not a summer only internship.
Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, mathematics, or finance
· Familiarity with code design principals such as Object Orientated Programming
· Familiarity with web application operation and design
· Familiarity with data structures, data bases, computer systems design and operation
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong skills in analysis and problem solving
· Experience with web technologies such as Angular or AngularJS
· Experience with object orientated programming languages such as C# or C/C++
· Experience with querying data from a database
· Hands on experience with Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
· An interest in computer science, finance, investments, and mathematics
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Apply online at www.securitybenefit.com/careers and submit your resume. EOE