Security Benefit (SB) is seeking a Structured Product Analyst to join the Investments team in our Topeka, Kansas office. SB fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, SB provides mutual funds, annuities and retirement plans and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Structured Product Analyst will support the lifecycle of the investment for investment types on the Security Benefit book of business and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Primary owner and main liaison between borrowers, lenders, external and internal clients on loans and facilities to ensure terms of the credit agreement, other governing documents, and invoicing are being met and information is being disbursed in a timely fashion.
- Assist with all loan servicing activities, waterfall calculations, accrual validation, settlement, invoicing, and disbursement of all deal-related fees and transactions. Direct responsibility for the coordination of funds movement related to initial funding and closing, managing closings for lenders, transferring positions by assignment, and working closely with the borrower and lending groups on direct loans and overall loan portfolio.
- Collaborates with External Loan Agency Contacts, clients, custodians, brokers, industry contacts an internal service partners such as Front Office, Investment Accounting, IT, Treasury and outsource providers to ensure efficient and timely transmission notices and disbursements are communicated to main client base.
- Review and negotiate administrative issues within credit agreements, repricing, and corporate events.
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance of facility commitments and originated deals as it relates to creating and processing of loan related activity (rollovers, rate settings, conversions, prepayments, assignments, fees, and all other related invoicing).
- Assist with the maintenance and enhancements of the loan agency system that attributes each credit agreement, deal documents, borrower and lender details, invoices, and lifecycle of the investment activities.
- Compiles, tracks, reviews, verifies, and analyzes information in various systems to ensure details match to agreed standards and established controls. Utilizes and maintains knowledge of industry standards and best practices as it relates to functions within investment operations and systems utilized within the firm.
- Compiles and prepares reports as required including but not limited to trade blotters, wire reports, payment notification, etc. for internal and external service partners as well as senior management and auditors
- Assists with the preparation of periodic reports and other financial documents
Eligible candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- 3+ years of experience in Syndicated Loan Servicing, Loan Agency, Loan Administration, Investment Operations or Financial Services role or internship
- Ability to analyze financial documentation, develop procedures and communicate detail in both verbal and written form
- Strong individual contributor and team player with high standards for productivity and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple competing tasks and short deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with MS Office. Experience working with industry tools preferred
- Outside-the-box thinker, passionate about problem solving and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit with strong organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to deliver timely results
- Experience with the following vendors is a plus: Wall Street Office, Clear Par, Sentry, Aladdin, Clearwater and PAM.
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Apply online at www.securitybenefit.com/careers and submit your resume. EOE
Bachelors or better in Business Administration.
Bachelors or better in Economics.
Bachelors or better in Finance.
3 years: Experience in Syndicated Loan Servicing, Loan Agency, Loan Administration, Investment Operations or Financial Services role or internship