Security Benefit (SB) is seeking a Trade Assistant to join the Investments team in our Topeka, Kansas office. SB fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, SB provides mutual funds, annuities and retirement plans and programs.
Who We Are
Security Benefit (SB) fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, SB provides mutual funds, annuities and retirement plans and programs. As an industry leader in service technology, SB affiliates also offer business processing and broker/dealer solutions tailored to the financial services marketplace. This position will work out of our office in Topeka, Kansas.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Trade Assistant will support the lifecycle of the investment for investment types on the Security Benefit book of business and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Primary owner and main liaison of reviewing and settling trades across multiple asset classes and platforms, including but not limited to: equities, fixed income, securitized, private equity and internally originated assets.
- Will coordinate daily with brokers, custodian and internal parties to onboard brokers and accounts, confirm and settle trades, and process credit events across the various asset classes.
- Assist with the maintenance and enhancements of the trading/ticketing system that supports lifecycle of the investment activities for trade settlement, corporation actions and pricing.
- Compile, track, review, verify, and analyze information in various systems to ensure details match to agreed standards and established controls. Utilize and maintain knowledge of industry standards and best practices as it relates to functions within investment operations and systems utilized within the firm.
- Compile and prepare reports as required including but not limited to trade blotters, wire reports, payment notification, etc. for internal and external service partners as well as senior management and auditors.
- Assist with preparation of periodic reports and other financial documents.
Eligible candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- Strong attention to detail and ability to communicate to a range of levels internally and externally is a must.
- Experience in Fixed Income, Equities, Private Equity, Syndicated Loans, Securitization, Investment Operations or Financial Services role or internship is preferred
- Ability to analyze financial documentation, develop procedures and communicate detail in both verbal and written form
- Strong individual contributor and team player with high standards for productivity and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple competing tasks and short deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with MS Office. Experience working with industry tools preferred
- Outside-the-box thinker, passionate about problem solving and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit with strong organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to deliver timely results.
- Experience with the following vendors is a plus: Charles River, Bloomberg AIM, Thinkfolio, Wall Street Office, Clear Par, Sentry, Aladdin, Clearwater, Pam, MarkitEDM
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company Apply online at www.securitybenefit.com and submit your current resume. EOE
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Bachelors or better in Business Administration.
Bachelors or better in Economics.
Bachelors or better in Finance.