Seeding Labs is a Boston-based nonprofit organization that helps scientists in developing nations conduct life-changing research by providing them with lab equipment, training, and opportunities to collaborate with experts in their field – and to use these vital resources to achieve great things. To date, Seeding Labs has provided over $40 million in reclaimed lab equipment to 92 institutions in 36 countries through our flagship Instrumental Access Program. Our TeleScience program widens the scientific network by creating a free platform for scientists to share lab tips, tricks, and hacks. Videos on the platform have been viewed by students and scientists in 131 countries. By deploying high-quality lab equipment and committing to a “training the trainers” approach, Seeding Labs is currently enhancing the education and research on a global scale.
Our work is possible through partnerships with over 180 companies in the life sciences sector that encourage equipment donation to, financial investment in, and employee engagement with our work.
Seeding Labs offers part-time internships through a collaboration with the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center (MLSC) Internship Challenge Program. We are looking to fill our Business Development Intern positions during the 2021-22 IC Program Year. Our interns typically work up to 20 hrs/week for up to 5 months. You can learn more about the MLSC program and begin your registration process here: http://www.masslifesciences.com/programs/internship/
This is a remote internship opportunity. We especially welcome candidates who will bring diverse cultural, ethnic, national, or international experiences and perspectives to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US.
- Prepare research on companies in the life sciences and related industries for potential strategic partnerships with Seeding Labs, including donations of funding and/or lab equipment to support our Instrumental Access program
- Use research and analysis to create prioritization recommendations for outreach, which keep our pipeline full of vetted potential donors
- Perform research and prepare briefings for staff ahead of meetings to identify viable pitch opportunities that relate to our mission and programs
- Tailor external pitch decks for meetings
- You’ll work directly with Seeding Labs’ leadership to help inform our strategy for sustainable fundraising through corporate partnerships
- Explore additional opportunities to leverage your individual skill set to enhance this project.
Preferred skills, qualifications, and other requirements:
- A reliable internet connection and computer with the ability to connect with the Seeding Labs team via email, phone, and/or Zoom
- You’re organized and comfortable working independently but carefully on a deadline in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- You have strong analytical skills and are energized when thinking critically about big issues.
- Can summarize and present research
- You communicate your ideas and information clearly
- Experience in a biology, bioengineering, or chemistry lab class/UROP
- You have a passion for our mission and an intellectual curiosity that you can put to great use to advance our mission.
- Familiarity with Google Drive suite of applications; Salesforce experience a plus
- We especially welcome candidates who will bring diverse cultural, ethnic, national, or international experiences and perspectives to our organization
- Seeding Labs selects candidates who are registered in the MLSC student database. To register with MLSC, complete their Internship Challenge application, which is accessible on their website
- After you are registered in the MLSC student database, please your resume and availability to be considered to email@example.com. Include in the subject heading “Business Development Intern”