Are you a recent college graduate with a science degree? Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to apply your knowledge in a sales role within a growing, global company?
As the Technical Sales Support Specialist, you will be responsible for managing the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) as well as provide support to the Technical Sales team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support Technical Sales in account development and business activities to ensure that all inquiries are managed in a streamlined and timely manner
- Utilize CRM system to manage new leads, log sales activities and track the sales pipeline.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating contact information in the CRM system.
- Prepare written proposals to be issued to clients within 24 hours. Collaborate with team members for strategic and technical support to complete the requests.
- Work with sales to develop new opportunities by prospecting past customers, identifying new potential clients, and building client relationships for house accounts across the BU.
- Acts as the liaison between the customer and lab managers, responding to questions and resolving problems by coordinating with internal partners.
- Prepare weekly/monthly sales reports and support the monthly management reports.
- Submit relevant sample documentation to labs including submission forms, purchase orders and SOW’s for subcontracted services. Update the order system and clients with report dates.
- Operate via e-mail and phone calling to meet client needs along with occasional client visits.
- Qualify sales lead against criteria and coordinates assignment along with BU manager.
- Create Service Proposals and send order documents to clients.
- Meet revenue goals for assigned accounts and team revenue goals as defined by management.
- Communicate client expectations of execution of SGS services to local operations.
- Meet with local clients, and host client visits in the SGS lab
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a BS
- No experience is not required.
- Customer-focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Ability to sell products and services over the phone using a consultative approach.
- Proven ability to problem-solve independently.
- Strong written and spoken English skills, other languages will be an advantage.
- Persuasive, diplomatic, but always to the point and a strong ability to sell a concept.
- Hands-on, open-minded, proactive team player.
- Highly motivated, dependable, and detail-oriented, works in a collaborative manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook specifically