Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services is seeking a Grant Writer to generate revenue for our program and services through timely submission of well-researched, well-written, and well-documented grant proposals. As a key member of the Development team, you will play a critical role in securing the resources needed to serve New York City’s highest need children, families, and communities. You will partner with committed team members from across Sheltering Arms to assist with proposal and report development, institutional donor stewardship, and all grants management efforts.
*This position will require in-person work in the headquarters office and remote work
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating our mission and programs to potential funders
- Construct and submit grant reports and renewal requests including narratives, logic models, budgets, and relevant documents
- Manage and keep up to date tracking documents for proposals, reports, renewals, and prospects and produce weekly reports
- Maintain up to date records of grant proposal submissions including proposal documents, budgets, and supplemental information
- Collaborate with finance, program, and quality improvement departments for proposal and report input and data requests
- Conduct prospect research for potential foundation, corporate, and private funders
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, detail-focused, highly organized professional with the ability to work well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Must have a demonstrated ability to craft funding proposals and reports in a succinct and compelling manner.
- A high level of computer literacy and experience using online databases and other sources to locate demographic, financial, and philanthropic information
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience in development, grant writing, project management, and prospect research required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.