We’re looking for a Business Analyst, Reporting and Analytics to join our Americas Analytics Team in Somerset, US.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive while working in a fast-paced company. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career while transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a Business Analyst you’ll be responsible for translating outside-in and inside-out data into actionable insights, to enable faster decision-making across the organization.
You’ll be part of the Reporting and Analytics Team for Americas, and primarily collaborate with Sales, Commercial Operations, Finance, and Marketing functions on reporting and advanced analytics projects that drive differentiation or / and enable growth for Signify.
We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you’ll do
On Analytics Engagements:
- Be accountable for the project charter, i.e., problem definition, scope, deliverables, success factors, KPIs, and overall timelines.
- Liaise between the business and data science team as a data / requirements’ translator.
- Work with a team of data scientists to develop fit-for-purpose analytics solutions – help assess approaches that may work for the said use case and business context.
- Provide consulting, training, and support to drive adoption of the analytics solution with the Business.
- Field any follow-up questions coming from senior business stakeholders, w.r.t the proposed solution and underlying assumptions and data science methodology.
For critical reporting requests, you will be responsible for working with the business stakeholders to document business requirements that the data engineers can use to develop a report or dashboard, typically in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) – Signify’s primary reporting platform.
- Bachelor’s in Data Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science, IT, or similar disciplines a must; an MBA or/and Master’s in Engineering, Economics, or Data Science will be a big plus.
- At least 3 years of academic or full-time professional experience working on data science projects.
- Knowledge of, or experience with databases, ETL, ERP / BW / CRM systems, and any front-end data visualization tools such as SAC or Tableau will be an advantage.
- Exceptional analytical skills – the ability to translate data into actionable insights and recommendations for middle and top management.
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence with the ability to influence audiences at all levels in the organization.
- Strong collaboration skills with a demonstrated track record of working with cross-functional, cross-cultural teams.
What you’ll get in return…
We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching, and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!