Title of Position: Leadership Development Program
(Concrete/Mining Management Trainee Program)
Position Level: Entry, Exempt
The Leadership Development Program is a paid, salaried position designed to prepare exceptional candidates for management opportunities within Silvi Concrete. The training period is one year consisting of 3-4 month rotations of our main facilities with a focus in mining. Locations include a rock quarry, sand mine, import terminal and/or a concrete ready mix plant. Employees will receive training in all management areas for a successful career transition into a management role at the end of the program or when occupational needs require.
Through a combination of growth and acquisitions, The Silvi Group Companies have together become one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of concrete products in the Northeast, US. Today, the Silvi Group Companies manufacture concrete at multiple locations and supplies those plants with materials from Silvi owned mining operations and deep-water port facility.
Position Essential Functions Responsibilities
- Supply Chain
- Quarry Blasting
- Quality Control
- Quality Assurance for Aggregate Material (rock, sand)
- Quality Assurance for Concrete (air/water /slump/chemical content)
- Maintenance of Grounds/Machinery
- Delegation of Tasks
- Heavy Equipment Operating
- Forklifts, Loaders, Haulers, Quarry Water Truck
- Real Estate Permit Procurement
- Air/Water Permit Procurement
- Public Relations
- Community Development
- Company Events
- Customer Service
- Sales/Account Management
- Human Resource Duties
- Employee Concerns
- Personnel Reports
- A 4 year college degree is required. Degrees in Engineering, Mining, Materials Science, Concrete Manufacturing or Construction highly preferred.
- Work a wide variety of hours and able to work a flexible schedule as per company and client needs.
- Works Saturdays as required.
- Willing to obtain company sponsored training including MSHA and/or ACI Level 1 certification.
- Willing to work outdoors, in all weather
- Travel up to 25%
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Values a commitment to team concepts and has a sense of ownership and urgency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal professionally with all managers, employees, vendors and customers
- Able to think analytically and on the spot when problems arise.
- Working computer skills.
- Use of telephone, computers, cell phones and other electronic devices
In a typical work setting, people in this job:
- Lift 50 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds on occasion.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, bend, stretch, twist or crawl.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
No smoking is permitted on or within company property, including inside trucks, buildings, or anywhere on the premises.
Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, 40lK, Pension, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Competitive Pay, Training.
The Silvi Group Companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.