Title of Position: Operations Intern
Through a combination of growth and acquisitions, the Silvi Group Companies Silvi have together become one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of concrete products in the Northeast, U.S. Today, the Silvi Group Companies manufacture concrete at multiple locations and supply those plants with materials from its internal mining operations and a deep-water port facility. The operations summer internship will consist of a rotation between 3 main concrete plant locations, including a rotation at our ready mix headquarters.
Position Essential Functions Responsibilities
- Operations Internship
- Assist in the day to day production responsibilities of ready mix concrete including batching concrete, chemical ad mixtures, quality control, aggregate evaluation, field visits to our client construction sites, maintenance of machinery and equipment and other duties as assigned.
- Enrollment or achievement of a collegiate program preferably in the fields of Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, General Engineering, Mining Engineering, Concrete Management/Science, Construction Management, or Materials Science required.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule as per operational need of typically 10-12 hour days and some Saturdays.
In a typical work setting, people in this job:
- Lift 50 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds on occasion.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, bend, stretch, twist or crawl.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
No smoking is permitted on or within company property, including inside trucks, buildings, or anywhere on the premises.
The Silvi Group Companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
About Silvi Concrete
The Silvi Group has been helping companies, contractors, and homeowners build a better future since 1947. Proudly serving New Jersey and Southeastern Pennsylvania, we provide a wide variety of vertically integrated products and services, including ready mix concrete, sand, stone, cement supplies, port facilities, and real estate options for construction industry businesses.
The Silvi Group is made up of our four divisions: Silvi Concrete, Riverside Cement, Gibraltar Stone, and Sahara Sand.